Sub theme : Fun and curiosity in life
Learning outcomes :
The learner :
- Comprehends and enjoys simple story on creatures around us.
- Follows instructions and acts accordingly.
- Comprehends songs and sings with actions and rhythm.
- Gets the concepts of colours.
- Identifies the creatures and their young ones around us by their names in English.
- Describes picture using appropriate vocabulary.
- Speaks about object /things on the basis of colour and size.
- Describes an action using appropriate action words.
- Responds meaningfully to initiations in a dialogue/conversation
- Makes simple suggestions
- The question words like what, who and where.
- Words like let’s, shall we etc.. for expressing suggestions.
- Imperatives like ‘don’t make noise’, ‘catch it’etc..
- Pronouns like ‘I’,’you’,’we’ etc..
- Describing a scene.
- Words like in,on,into etc.. to denote position
- Adjectives to describe the colour and size of an object or thing.
- Singular and plural nouns.
- Mask game
- Language game
- Drawing and colouring
- Developing big pictures through speech bubbles
- Jigsaw picture/puzzle
- Concept maps of colour and young ones of animals
- Riddles and puzzles
- Jigsaw puzzles of kittens
- Chart paper
- Cutout of speech bubble